The party splits up upon being returned to the Seven-Pillared Hall:
- Kris returns to the Temple of Hidden Light to meditate about what the reveal of Staasi’s benefactor means and to pray for guidance. He also warns Phelaedra about the return of Father Night.
- Nord, Avorra, Staasi, and Keothi go back to Halfmoon Inn
– Staasi goes up to her room and frantically scribbles notes everywhere before coming to a “To-Do List”.
– Keothi, Avorra, and Nord procure rooms for the hostages they saved.
- Nord, Avorra, and Keothi go to Gendar and give him little statues Nord brought back from the Well of Demons to complete their deal.
- Nord, Avorra, and Keothi return Stouty to Ulthar who is overjoyed. He calls the party “friends for life” and awards them with a large bag of jewels. In addition he provides Nord with clean clothes for the dawrves back at the inn.
Back at the inn, Nord has two important conversations. Volger tells his son that his axe, Legacy, plays an important part in the fate of the dwarven people. So long as it is protected, the dwarven nation is strong. The axe is held in trust for the king, and it secures his rule. The honor passes amongst the tribes. Volger was its bearer, but heard rumors he was going to be asked to step down because of his age. With no one to surrender the axe too, he asked his friend Grundelmar Hardstone to make a forgery and his the real axe. Since his father died and the location of the real axe unknown, the dwarven nation has started to crumble. Grundelmar is revealed to be the same Grundelmar has Kris’ mentor. The second conversation is with Keyote who reveals that Volgers time is not permanent. He has a few days at most to settle his affairs before going before the Raven Queen.
Staasi and Kris have a heart-to-heart. She swears she didn’t know about the Exarch and wants to devote her life to hunting undead and joining the Church of Light. Kris is releived to hear this and promises to help Staasi see this through. They test her powers which still exist, and by virtue of the fact that he can heal their effects easily, Kris determines they do not come from the Exarch or Orcus.
The party gathers for drinks before heading back to Fallcrest when Brug, Ogre sheriff of the Seven-Pillared Halls and one of the Mages of Sarrun known as the Ordinator come and ask for an audience. The mages have ruled the Seven-Pillared Hall since the curse which dispersed the minotaurs. The party is taken to a teleport circle in the middle of the hall, and they arrive in an ornate golden chamber with four thrones. Two men occupy them, Paldemar and Hasifier, the last of the Mages of Sarrun. They ask the party what they’ve done. Avorra responds that the shrine of Baphomet has been destroyed, and the curse broken. The minotaurs will soon return. The mages seem apprehensive at this news, worried about what it will do to their status quo. Kris suggests reaching out to Thuun Fallenhorn and opening discussions with him. Paldemarr seems derisivie but Hasifier says they will take it under advisement. Both make it clear, they will hold the party responsible and summon them to deal with any threats to their order that may arise from this. As the party departs through the same teleportation circle, Avorra, Nord, and Kris notice that they are leaving a drab stone cavern. Most of the oppulence was an illusion.
The party departs for Fallcrest leaving behind the dwarven caravan and Kithri and Jacob Halfmoon. Upon arriving in Fallcrest, the party finds that a cerfew is in effect by order of Armos Kamroth, who now appears to be Magistrate permanently, and Lady Markelhay. Staasi goes home, Avorra goes to Nimozian, and the rest go to the Church of Light. Kris warns everyone not to break cerfew and to gather the next day at the Church.
Staasi’s mother is happy to see her and reveals that she has not yet moved to the safer High Town district, because Armos Kamrothhas yet to approve. Staasi warns her mother against Armos, but her mother discounts the warning, viewing Armos as a good man who is protecting the town. Staasi asks ker mother to move from Winter Haven, away from his influence.
At Nimozian’s, Avorra is rudely welcomed by Tomar Cobble, Nizmozian’s assistant/apprentice. Thuun Fallenhorn thanks Avorra for freeing his people from the curse of Baphomet and gives her 7 rings, one for each of the party. The Order of the Shattered Horn is now the Order of the Restored Horn and the rings mark the party as the Champions of the Restored Horn. In appreciation for all she has done, Nimozian presents her with Arcus, the staff of the Architect, a deceased wizard of some renown. He welcomes her apprenticeship with him if she so desires, and reveals that the next day when everyone else comes to call, he will present them with gifts as well. She also receives a letter from her grandmother. Avorra’s cousin from Mistelm has disappeared and finding him has taken presidence over dealing with her contrary ways.
At the Church of Light, the party finds Dargon attended by Kris’ mother Alyssa, Grundelmar, Vargus, Nord’s uncle, and his cousing Showna, a female dwarven shaman. All are apprehesive about the presence of Keyote fearing him a bad omen, and the dwarves are astounded to see Volger. Vargus reveals that Dargon has not been doing well. He suffered from a poison and a curse. The poison has been dealt with, but the curse has not. In order to break the curse, a sample of the same spider venom used in it is needed. He recommends the party go to the Harven Wood and take Dargon to Evenhome to get the venom needed to break the curse and find out why he was targeted, since no help has come in a week and travel to and from Evenhome only takes three days. The group makes plans to do so, and all agree to put Dargon under for the trip to reserve his strength.
Next Sessopn Plans:
- Staasi will join the others at the church to be formally introduced to Grundelmar and begin her introduction to the world of undead hunting/fighting.
- Kris seeks a private audience with Lady Markelhay to find out more about the curfew.
- Nord talks to Grundelmar to get clues aout the location of Legacy.
- The party goes to Nimozian’s for reward and to tell him aout Father Night.
- The party gets taken by Keothi to a crypt serving as a Temple of the Raven Queen so he can report in.
- The Party heads to the Harken Wood.
NEXT FALLCREST INTERLUDE 3 CONT.